Grub not working

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 5 21:52:27 UTC 2011

On 05/05/2011 02:37 PM, dave boland wrote:

>> Can you please download the bootinfo script from:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/files/
>> and then:
>> $ sudo ./boot_info_script055.sh
>> You'll get a 'RESULTS.txt' file. Open that:
>
> Got the file, but I really need to know where Ubuntu wants the file to
> locate as it wasn't found.  Currently it is in home/download.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Dave,

Run it in /home/download:

$ cd /home/download
$ sudo ./boot_info_script055.sh
$ gedit RESULTS.txt

While you are there (gedit), open /boot/grub/grub.cfg and turn on line
numbering in gedit (Edit|Preferences|View|tick 'Display line numbers'
and then see what you have at line 47. Note: grub.cfg will be included
in the RESULTS.txt file that you paste to pastebin, so no need to paste
that as well - just know what lines you have immediately before & after 147.