Shotwell in Lucid

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu May 5 07:05:45 UTC 2011

Hello Jordon,

Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 9:51:13 PM, Jordon wrote:

JB> On 5/4/2011 11:39 PM, rikona wrote:
>>> I've been running Shotwell since Lucid where I think it was offered to
>>> try out as it was to be replacing F-Spot (which I never used) as the
>>> default photo organiser in later releases.
>>> It works OK in Maverick and Natty. The version in Lucid ran OK as
>>> well so I see no reason why you need an updated version even if it
>>> is 'quite old'.

>> Fewer bugs/crashes, more formats, better tagging that I can bring
>> along to a later version for the 7500 pix I will tag, etc...
>> Worth a bit of looking IMHO.

JB> Can you please use *proper* quoting.  Reference my quoting to see...

I can see several small differences, but checking the past few dozen
emails, I see the same things, and you did not comment about those
emails. So I guess I don't see what you consider 'proper'. I can see
about 10-12 differences. Perhaps you could specify which of these you
consider to be the improper things, perhaps with examples, and the
proper replacements, also with examples.

--

 rikona