Shotwell in Lucid

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Thu May 5 06:42:12 UTC 2011

Hello Lucio,

Wednesday, May 4, 2011, 10:02:56 PM, Lucio wrote:

>> LMN> Perhaps you could enable Shotwell PPA repo for Lucid -
>>
>> LMN> https://launchpad.net/~yorba/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=lucid
>>
>> LMN>  - upgrade to release 0.7.2-1~lucid1 and test it.
>>
>> I saw that reference. A few sites recommended going to a later
>> release, so I kept looking.
>>
>> LMN> If it does not behave properly, you could remove it,
>>
>> Apparently it also upgrades several other packages. If I remove it,
>> does that also reinstall the older versions of ALL the other updated
>> pkgs, or will I be left with trouble?
>>
>> LMN> I imagine it couldn't do any harm, but I may be wrong.
>>
>> I was worried about the other pkgs that also need to be replaced. It
>> seemed to me that that could cause problems - is that not correct?

LMN> Since I'm not running 10.04 anymore, I cannot assure you, but I
LMN> guess that installing 0.7.2-1~lucid1 the way I suggested might be
LMN> safe.

I'll check into that some more, perhaps contact them...

LMN> Have you considered the possibility of upgrading to Maverick?

Not for my 'working boxes' - I prefer something that just keeps
working without periodic fusses, problems, and extra effort - so I
chose the LTS version. I'm thinking of looking at a later version just
to check out Unity, but probably not a working box. My plan is to move
to the next LTS version, as long as it is at least as productive as
the current version.

Thanks for the help...

--

 rikona