How to install all the packages in openJDK

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Thu May 5 02:14:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Varuna Seneviratna
<varunaseneviratna at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed java using the command [QUOTE]sudo apt-get install
> openjdk-6-jdk[/QUOTE].I want to install the API documentation.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> Fedora in the page http://openjdk.java.net/install/#fedora describes
> How to install openjdk plus using the command [QUOTE]su -c "yum
> install java-1.6.0-openjdk*"[/QUOTE] everything including the API
> Documentation.In the Ubuntu section
> http://openjdk.java.net/install/#ubuntu it says how to insatll
> openjdk-6-jre, I changed the jre to jdk and jdk was installed But I am
> not able to insatll the API Documentaion.I tried using the command
> [QUOTE]sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk*[/QUOTE] But the message I
> get is [QUOTE]openjdk-6-jdk is already the newest version[/QUOTE]From
> the above scnario I am not able to conclude whether
>
> 1 How to insatll all the packages in openJDK
> 2 Is the openjdk API Documentation installed? and if it is installed
> How can I find the where it is to access it using Firefox

Synaptic / Search/ openjdk-6-doc

"OpenJDK Development Kit (JDK) documentation

OpenJDK is a development environment for building applications,
applets, and components using the Java programming language.

This package contains the API documentation."

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
Open Source Implementation