Unity ROCKS!!!

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Wed May 4 04:17:20 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 10:12 PM, Chhatoi Pritam Baral wrote:
> Actually, ATI cards work OOTB with Unity. It later suggests to install
> proprietary drivers. However, the driver from ATI's site does not
> install directly; packages built from it, or from the repos do.

You're right, Chhatoi. Livecd boots to unity on the ATI, flawlessly.
On the other hand, on NVidia, it boots to gnome2. Of course, I'm talking
about livecd and I am using amd64, if that makes any difference.

Thanks, Chhatoi, Nils and Jim.

As for Unity, I suppose some people will find it good, others not; like
some people find for kde. That's not saying much and that's exactly the
point.

Cheers - Goh Lip