Mailing list etiquette

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 4 01:05:57 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 03:07 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 01:52:37PM +1200, chris wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-05-02 at 17:07 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> > Just a friendly reminder to folks that are new to this list, please read:

>> > Mailing list etiquette
>> > These guidelines are designed to keep the productivity of the Ubuntu
>> > mailing lists at a high level. They represent the conventions currently
>> > used by the majority of participants in the mailing lists, and should be
>> > used as a frame of reference for mailing list etiquette.
>> >
>> > o Please bottom post & trim.
>> > o Please avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible.
>> >
>> > Thanks. :-)

>> Does this also apply to sounder?
>
> Careful. You'll upset Alan.

Really? And where were you at 21:00 UTC today?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/05/03/%23ubuntu-meeting.html#t22:01
Ironic that all the fuss regarding sounder & when the Ubuntu Community
Council provided the 'users' a chance to show up & voice their opinions
only Amadee and myself commented.

I personally didn't have much to say as I think sounder was out of
control & given the lack of 'concerned sounder users' at the meeting I
figured there wasn't much point in saying much anyway.
(BTW: Thanks Amadee for at least showing up and offering
comments/opinions).
  But the point being is that CC members *did* show up ready and willing
to discuss the issue with the "community" & the fact of the matter is
that those that may have had a genuine concern regarding sounder other
than Amadee or myself were nowhere to be seen. This is akin to folks
complaining about the recent <insert government official> election, but
never bothered to vote...

I reckon that if you'd like to discuss this further you can take it to
http://groups.google.com/group/bikeshed/, or alt.os.linux.ubuntu, or
some other forum,  or even take it off-list and email me directly & have
at it. But your, and Chris', trolling regarding sounder and Alan in a
post intended to help new users & other users on this list isn't
appreciated.