(OT) Re: Unity ROCKS!!!

Isaac Hummel isaac at daedaleus.com
Tue May 3 22:50:46 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 06:19 PM, Ernest Doub wrote:
> Please read the parenthesis before accusing me of shouting.
> Writing in plain text removes many options for emphasis.
> Hi Desert Ed

You could just have put the whole thing between *s, like you did with
one word. Thunderbird automatically bolds things between *s and it is
generally understood to be a plaintext *bold*.

The problem with capping it all is that many of us who have been around
the Internet for a long time /hear/ shouting in our heads when we read
all caps. Putting parenthetical remarks doesn't change what all caps
means to us, nor what it is generally accepted to mean on the Internet
as a whole.

I'm sorry if I come off as an netiquette Nazi. That's not really my
intention, nor would I necessarily object if you /wanted/ to shout for a
single sentence about your displeasure at Unity (or anything else).

--
Isaac Hummel
isaac at daedaleus.com
http://daedaleus.isaachummel.com