Fully compatible with Microsoft Office?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Mon May 2 23:31:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, April 29, 2011 00:04, Rodrigo López Dato wrote:
> For opening the occasional Word document it's great, but it has
> nowhere near 100% compatibility to replace MSO in a production
> environment, at least not one that deals with external MSO documents.
> Of course, we would all be better off with open formats everywhere
> (not necessarily ODF) but that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I have to deal on a daily basis with our users who are still on MS Office
2003 and who receive MS Office 2003/2007 files from the outside world.
I claim that the most recent version of LibreOffice is more compatible
with MS Office than MS Office is with MS Office, and I speak from
experience.

> So, what does this has to do with technical Ubuntu discussion? :)

Troll :-p