More problems after delleting kernel

stan stanb at panix.com
Mon May 2 18:57:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 11:37:04AM -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 05/02/2011 05:45 AM, stan wrote:

> >> nvidiafb?
> >>
> >> What video card do you have?
> >>
> >> lshw -C video
> >>
> >> Will reveal this.
> >>
> > Thanks for the tip.
> >

> > Script started on Mon 02 May 2011 08:44:19 AM EDT
> > ]0;stan at ubuntu: ~stan at ubuntu:~$ lshw -C video
> > WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
> > DMI   SMP   PA-RISC       device-tree           SPD   memory      /proc/cpuinfo             CPUID     PCI (sysfs)           ISA PnP       PCMCIA      PCMCIA      kernel device tree (sysfs)                          USB   IDE   SCSI    Network interfaces                  Framebuffer devices                   Display       CPUFreq       ABI     *-display UNCLAIMED
> >        product: 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE VGA Display Adapter
> >        vendor: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
>
> Ummm... why are you trying to use an nVidia driver with an SiS graphic
> card? Shouldn't you be using xserver-xorg-video-sis?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-sis
> <http://www.google.com/search?q=help.ubuntu+%2B661%2F741%2F760+PCI%2FAGP+or+662%2F761Gx+PCIE+VGA+Display+Adapter&btnG=Search>

Intersting. The nvidia driver was installed before I upgraded. But you are
correct. This package (xserver-xorg-video-sis) was installed, but was
marked as "to be manually configured". I ran dpk-rconfigure --force
xserver-xorg-video-sis, and I will see if that fixes the issue this
evening, when I get home.

Thanks for the help!!

BTW, is there a way to see if there are more unconfgured packages?