Unity ROCKS!!!

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Mon May 2 04:32:28 UTC 2011

Hello Liam,

Sunday, May 1, 2011, 11:36:39 AM, Liam wrote:

LP> the advertising of Windows 7 has successfully spun it as an
LP> incremental improvement, even though to experienced users (like
LP> me) many of the changes are steps backwards.

I'd agree with that. I don't like the trend to hide more and more
functionality - in Win or Linux.

LP> Unity is a big change - I think if it had been possible to do it
LP> more gradually, that would have been preferable.

I think if there was a good, exceedingly clear explanation of the
benefits, so that everyone could easily see the 'advantages', it might
not cause so much apparent resistance. As the 'Explain to me again why
Unity is so great' thread suggests, most of us just want to know
exactly why it is so good - something that has STILL not been
explained in any clear way. Instead, we get mumbo jumbo like 'visual
assets' and users 'need to develop a better physical relationship'
with Ubuntu.

--

 rikona