need help with video driver on natty

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 2 01:02:19 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011 05:01 PM, glenn opdycke-hansen wrote:
> jockey-gtk has the following:
>
> nvidia version 173; grey; not activated; note: i had removed the
> driver, it was installed earlier
> nvidia version current; green; "This driver is activated but not
> currently in use."
>
> --glenn

Previously you'd posted:
<quote>
Also I see that the following drivers are installed, should some need
to be uninstalled?
installed drivers/packages include:
nvidia-173
nvidia-current
nvidia-common
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
xserver-xorg-video-nv
</quote>
Did you uninstall any of those?

Can you provide the output of:
$ lsmod | grep nv

Can you rename the /etc/X11/xorg.conf by terminal:
$ sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.backNotWorking
then reboot (note - reboot - don't just logout and log back in) & log
back in using 'Ubuntu Classic' & see if the 173 is active in jockey-gtk?