[Resolved] Re: Anyone using OpenCPN? - Printing

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 28 23:10:53 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 11:12 AM, sktsee wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:09:20 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>
>> Anyone on the list using OpenCPN?
>> http://opencpn.org/
>>   http://opencpn.org/download
>>
>> It doesn't seem to matter which version I use, I've never been able to
>> get the printing to work. Instead have to rely on screenshots for
>> printouts.
>>
>> Testing with both 2.3.1-1 and 2.4.324-1. Purged and deleted ~/.opencpn
>> and reinstalled. Printing to my standard printer as well as to cups-pdf,
>> pdf, and ps doen't work. Any hints appreciated.
>>
>> $ apt-cache policy opencpn
>> opencpn:
>>   Installed: 2.4.324
>>   Candidate: 2.4.324
>>   Version table:
>>  *** 2.4.324 0
>>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Just a guess, but you may need to install libgnomeprintui2.2-0 in order
> for wxWidgets (which opencpn lists as a dependency) to use Gnome printing
> support.
>
> See http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_unixprinting.html#unixprinting
> for more info.

You win the prize - albeit in reverse... thanks sktsee!

$ apt-cache depends opencpn
opencpn
  Depends: libwxgtk2.8-0
  Depends: libglu1-mesa
  Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx
  Depends: zlib1g
  Depends: bzip2
$ apt-cache policy libgnomeprintui2.2-0
libgnomeprintui2.2-0:
  Installed: 2.18.5-1
  Candidate: 2.18.5-1
  Version table:
 *** 2.18.5-1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/universe i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$ apt-cache policy libgnomeprint2.2-0
libgnomeprint2.2-0:
  Installed: 2.18.7-1
  Candidate: 2.18.7-1
  Version table:
 *** 2.18.7-1 0
        500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/universe i386
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

So I checked on another system where OpenCPN _is_ able to print and it
_didn't_ have libgnomeprint2.2-0 installed. Purged libgnomeprint2.2-0
from this system and now OpenCPN prints! Go figure :-)

Thanks again.