cartoonizer photo effects :: generate cartoon from pics and/or movies

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sun Mar 27 21:41:16 UTC 2011

On 03/27/2011 08:07 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 14:20:31 +0200
> Sven Aluoor<aluoor at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi folks
>>
>> I am search for a non-cloud alternative to befunky.com cartoonizer. I
>> wish to generate a cartoons/comics from an image and/or movie.
>>
>> cheers Sven
>>
> GIMP:
> On the Menu bar: Filters>  Artistic>  Cartoon

In addition, there are a number of tutorials for doing the same with
GIMP.  Search for gimp cartoon effect.  The built in filter is basically
a script for doing one of those methods.  You'll find that once you
figure out the steps, you can do it really quickly.
There is a pretty good one (detailed and multi - step, but nice results)
on Flickr in GIMP Users group discussion.