Lucid vs. old Intel video card

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sun Mar 27 06:33:28 UTC 2011

Le 26/03/2011 22:28, Yorvyk a écrit :

> The last time I dealt with i810 you still had to jump through hoops :/ something like this:-
>
> Boot rescue mode and drop to a prompt.
>
> Run 'Xorg --configure'
>
> Ignore error messages.
>
> Edit /root/xorg.conf.new and remove references to monitors/screens 1&  2 if they are there. (Sometimes 3 monitors are detected for some reason.)
>
> mv /root/xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Reboot and cross all available appendages.
>
> If think that's it.  You may have to add a 'Modes' line to SubSection "Display" to get the correct resolution if it's not detected.

Hi Yorvyk,

Thanks for the detailed hint. I tried what you suggested, but to no
avail. I did notice the two disting monitors/screens, but still, the
darn thing froze on me.

I googled some more and finally found the answer here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Bugs/Lucidi8xxFreezes#Workaround%20A:%20Re-enable%20KMS

Re-enabling KMS as described in the wiki worked fine for me.

Cheers from the rainy South of France,

Niki