Sound problem no speakers

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 07:00:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote:
:

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Seemed like such a good idea.  Apparently
> something is overriding the saved info because the changes still do not
> survive reboot.  I also discovered in the process "amixer" a CLI utility
> that will allow you to make and show sound settings.

Have you removed the pulseaudio drivers from the system?  Although
some people here swear by it, I have found that ALSA by itself works
where ALSA + Pulse = silence.  This could be related.

Drawback - you lose the panel volume control (which is a Pulse
entity), but there's a perl script by Sonal Santan called volumekey.pl
that subs nicely for it, and it works while the screensaver is running
(and your computer locked) without kicking the screensaver or waiting
for it.