Reading CD & DVD discs => "Error File not found."

jimkvg at 3web.com jimkvg at 3web.com
Tue Mar 22 01:56:14 UTC 2011

The DVD/CD drive had been reading discs ok when the Maverick 10.10 was
freshly installed.  As time went by after some updates, the disc in
the CD/DVD drive could not be read.  A small box popped up, "Error:
File not found."  I tried some DVD and Cd disks, but no success.  It
looks like the drive is disconnected.  I looked in Launchpad, but it
frustrated me with trying to find solution.  Any idea what caused the
problem?  Tip from you readers will be greatly appreciated.  Thank
you.  Jim