Sort of O.T. Kubuntu screen size inside VBox

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Mon Mar 21 22:52:24 UTC 2011

I just installed Oracle Virtual Box on Ubuntu 10.10.  My first virtual
installation was Kubuntu 10.10.  It is working, sort of.  I cannot
change the screen size of the virtual machine to anything other than
800x600.  I have tried the terminal commands:

VBoxManage setextradata "Kubuntu 10.10" "CustomVideoMode1" "1400x900x16"

and

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution any

and

VBoxManage setextradata global GUI/MaxGuestResolution 1600,900

Resizing the VBox window just distorts the already fuzzy contents.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
HP G72t laptop 17"