Suspend and Hibernation Problems

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 21 21:44:00 UTC 2011

On 03/19/2011 07:07 AM, Diogo Branco wrote:
> Hardware / Software:
>
> Motherboard Asus P5B-E
> Processor Intel E6600
> Bios Revision 1803
> Graphic Card Shapphire Radeon X 1950 PRO 256 MB DDR3
> Ram 8 Gigas DDR2 - 800
> SO Ubuntu 10.04 64 bits
> Kernel 2.6.32-30-generic
>
> 2 Problems:
>
> I can suspend the system but when i try to come back the fan speed increase
> and stay that way, do not know how can i solve this issue.
> The other issue is when i try to hibernate, the monitor goes black but the
> system stays on, i have to do a reset to come back.
>

> Regards, Diogo.

Seems to be a common issue:
<http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&complete=0&site=webhp&source=hp&q=ubuntu+%2Bsuspend+%2Bfan&btnG=Search>

<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=suspend+%2Bfan>
<https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=suspend+%2Bfan+%2Basus&field.actions.search=Search>

Unfortunately there are quite a lot of issues with suspend +fan. I'd
recommend looking through a few of the forum posts and these bug reports
to see if there might be workarounds:

Also:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelSuspend
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnderstandingSuspend

Good luck as it doesn't look to be an easy answer.