running "elgg" on current ubuntu?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Mar 19 12:05:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, Paulo Sampaio wrote:

> I've been dealing with elgg installations for a year, simply follow
> the official install guide and you have it up and running easily.
>
> If you find any problems, please contact me ok?
>
> Good luck!

  if i might bug you briefly, which is the "official" install guide?
i've found three online install guides (one which is, of course, under
the elgg site):

http://docs.elgg.org/wiki/Install_Ubuntu
http://www.installationwiki.org/Installing_Elgg

  that first recipe is a little on the brief side, while the second
one is more detailed but a bit out of date (reference to libapr0
instead of libapr1), and also seems to require more than the elgg set
of instructions, in terms of which apache2 modules need to be enabled.

  so, just to be clear, which set of instructions are you referring
to, and i'll take it from there and harass you again if i run into
trouble. :-)

rday