Internet on Ubuntu only

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Fri Mar 18 22:18:42 UTC 2011

On 3/18/2011 4:33 PM, Bob H. wrote:
> Ive used Ubuntu happily for a few years, but trying Mandriva, Fedora,
> etc, I can never connect to the internet. The strange thing is,
> Mandrive shows the correct addresses, shows it is connected, but still
> won't connect to Firefox or Google. Any ideas. Thanx to all. Bob H.

I'm not trying to be an ass here but this might be better suited for an
RPM list because they would know more than we might and might be able to
do better diagnostics because they primarily use RPM distros.  Around
here we are Deb fans.  Not hating because Linux is Linux but I certainly
don't know near as much about RPM distros as I do about Deb based
distros and I certainly wouldn't be able to debug and diagnose near as
well as I would on a Deb distro and I'm sure lots around here are like that.