PLEASE help me (pleading) Wireless connection problems

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 17 16:52:20 UTC 2011

On 17 March 2011 16:44, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> The OLD one works just fine. The NEW one does also, UNTIL I bring up my
> laptop's bowser (Firefox) or e-mail (Thunderbird) then NEW drops the
> connection to the net. The wired systems work with BOTH

Is it perhaps that the connection works ok for a few pings and so on
but fails when you attempt you use it intensively?  What happens if
you download something from the command line using wget or similar?
Or even just copy a largish file locally from one PC to the other.
Apologies if this has already been dealt with earlier in the thread.

Colin