Correct use of apt-get remove/purge/autoremove

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Thu Mar 17 06:09:28 UTC 2011

Le 17/03/2011 03:44, NoOp a écrit :
> On 03/16/2011 01:18 AM, Niki Kovacs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently trying to get a firmer grasp on package management.
>
> These might be worth reading&  bookmarking:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/
>    https://help.ubuntu.com/10.10/index.html
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community
>   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromLinux
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions
>   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoftwareManagement
>    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto
> http://manpages.ubuntu.com/
>    http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/maverick/en/man8/apt-get.8.html
>
> Sorry, not trying to RTFM you, just want to point out that there are
> considerable resources&  documentation regarding Ubuntu&  I figure that
> the links are also useful for other newcomers to Ubuntu as well.

Thanks for the links, duly noted. I could also try reading "Ubuntu
efficace", written by Lionel Dricot, Mark Shuttleworth and... myself
("Kiki Novak" is my pen name, as in my mail address) :

http://tinyurl.com/5rghhce

I could also try to dig deeper and read my own 530 pages book about UNIX
fundamentals :

http://tinyurl.com/6bscb26

But you're right. Though I'm running an IT business specialized on
GNU/Linux and FOSS since the days of Slackware 7.1 (around 2001), I
still feel like a newcomer every day. Especially after reading your post :o)

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki