installer does not find a network - but a live system does ... wtf?

Andi Meier andimeier at gmx.net
Tue Mar 15 08:33:22 UTC 2011

> Actually, the Wicd CAN be installed via the C.L.I. -- I just donĀ“t remember the commands! (I am very VERY weak at the C.L.I.!)

Ah, I see. But still I'm a little bit reluctant because ... I have no network connection so I am not able to install anything, not even a
small CLI tool. So this would mean that I have to go through the entire installation routine and reinstall the system. During installation,
I would have to include the package Wicd.

I think I'll give it a try when I can see no other possibility. Still I think that my problem is just a little something. I have the feeling
that once I got the right idea (or maybe hint from someone) it is a snap to repair.

Nonetheless I appreciate your help very much - maybe I have to resort to Wicd - let's see ...

Andi