Need More Testers Of Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha # 3...

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:32:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO at aol.com> wrote:
> On 03/14/2011 04:48 AM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Jesse Palser<SLNTHERO at aol.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Here is a screenshot of my testing:
>>> http://16bitsoft.com/images/U11.04A3-Testing01.png
>>> (example of 11.04 Alpha 3 in VirtualBox)
>>
>> This doesn't look like Unity though.
>
> If you want the new Unity desktop in VirtualBox
> then goto this web page and follow its instructions:
> http://www.techvivid.com/2010/12/ubuntu-11-04-natty-narwhal-unity-on-virtualbox-4-0
>
> I tried new Unity desktop and did not like it
> so I booted into "Ubuntu Classic Desktop"
> at the login screen...

I know how to enable 3-D in VirtualBox (it doesn't allow me to boot
Unity though)!

I was simply pointing out that if you really want to help the
development of 11.04, testing Unity's more important than testing
gnome-panel (since the latter's barely different, from a version
perspective not a look one).