2 Not-so-idle Questions

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 21:10:37 UTC 2011

Hello everyone--

Has anyone heard of any reports of any bugs whereby:

   - Both the login desktop environment AND the password are changed shortly
   after the O.S. (in this case the 10.10 with the GNOME D.E.) has been
   installed and the system rebooted? (ended up disabling the initial login
   screen to get around the problem)
   - The Network Manager insists -- in spite of all evidence to the contrary
   -- that there is no cable connection to the router? (with the
   troubleshooting help of a friend, I ended up installing Wicd)

Nothing at all urgent regarding these 2 queries (now!) -- just curious, is
all.

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.libreoffice.org/ (Nathan Bahn)