Need to change drivers

Jon Anderson jbander at izoom.net
Sat Mar 12 21:45:01 UTC 2011

This is the problem I run" lspci -v" which checks all drivers on my
system and more. It says kernel driver in use: nouveau
then under that it says kernel modules: nvidia
recent,nvidia-96,nouveau,nvidiafb
So what it looks like I have 3-4 drivers for my video card loaded and
one, nouveau, being used. I think they conflict with each other. I'm
trying to add drivers other then nouveau, because the mouse freezes with
nouveau. At this point I can't seem to get rid of nouveau, I go to
terminal and type"sudo apt-get --purge remove
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau" and it says that it's not loaded so I can't
dump it. "lspci-v" says nouveau is the driver being used and trying to
dump it it says it isn't installed. ?????????confused. I want to dump
nouveau, what should I do? I also go into Synaptic package manager and
it isn't listed as being installed. All help exepted!