Jesus! I hate 11.04, WTF happened? This is awful. Somebody's head should be smacked!

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 7 02:03:02 UTC 2011

On 03/06/2011 11:15 AM, Tom H wrote:
> The current crop of alphas/betas is interesting. The OP didn't say
> what prompted his rant (regarding FF 4.0, I don't really understand
> since it isn't radically different from FF 3.6) but the new shell
> interfaces are breaking new ground:

I think perhaps because under Unity the standard FF toolbars etc are
overtaken by the Unity interface. If you run FF 4.x from the mozilla
standard files (using a home folder is fine) in Gnome2 there are no
issues. If you run the Ubuntu Unity FF 4.x you'll find that the standard
UI and toolbars are missing. So it's not actually FF 4.x that is the
issue, but Unity.

If I get time I'll try to post some screenshots.