nautilus + terminal

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 22:42:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 11:53 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 02:29:26PM +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
>
>           .........snip.........
>

> > I wonder how you installed LibreOffice?  It is not available in the
> > current version of Ubuntu so you can only install it from a source like
> > LibreOffice itself.  This means that the instructions you are given do
> > not necessarily come from Ubuntu.
>
> Then why is it in my 10.04 synaptic? I have no repos in my sources.list
> file other than Ubuntu ones. BTW, I installed it from the Ubuntu repos
> and later uninstalled it.

That is interesting! Its not in the 10.10 repos. If what you say is
true, then it must be down to the new policy of including more upgrades,
as well as bug fixes, in the LTS versions.

If the OP was using 10.04 then, they would have be able to do a simple
install from synaptic (or even Ubuntu Software Centre).

Tony