nautilus + terminal

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 6 19:38:27 UTC 2011

On 03/06/2011 10:53 AM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 02:29:26PM +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
>
>           .........snip.........
>

>> I wonder how you installed LibreOffice?  It is not available in the
>> current version of Ubuntu so you can only install it from a source like
>> LibreOffice itself.  This means that the instructions you are given do
>> not necessarily come from Ubuntu.
>
> Then why is it in my 10.04 synaptic? I have no repos in my sources.list
> file other than Ubuntu ones. BTW, I installed it from the Ubuntu repos
> and later uninstalled it.

It will appear in Synaptic if you installed using the dpkg.

What do you show for:

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list | grep libreoffice

Can you also show the output of:

$ apt-cache policy libreoffice
and
$ apt-cache policy libreoffice3

If on that last you get:

$ apt-cache policy libreoffice3
libreoffice3:
  Installed: 3.3.1-19
  Candidate: 3.3.1-19
  Version table:
 *** 3.3.1-19 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

and nothing on the previous, then you have the dpkg version installed.

dpkg installs will show in Synaptic. However when you view, notice that
the 'Download' column will show '0 B'.