A Moving to Linux Question

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Thu Mar 3 21:04:13 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'd like to find the fastest way to verify a computer running Windows is
ready to move to Linux. Not hardware-wise only, software-wise to.

I would like to have a Windows app that can run from a USB Stick (without
the need to install it) that will scan the installed hardware and software
and give a table as a result that lists the Windows app on one side and the
parallel Linux app on the other. If no match was found - a link to a site to
report the app to a community database that updates the alternatives, or
something along those lines.

Any app like that exists?

Thanks!

Amichai.