DHCP working, internet not, other computers on network are.

Duncan Clark duncyc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 23:45:52 UTC 2011

I'm very befuddled right now.  My Ubuntu 11.04 laptop, plugged into
the next port, on the same NETGEAR comcast-provided router, to my
partners, Ubuntu 11.04 laptop, is working, however his suddenly today,
is getting the DHCP config, but won't connect to the internet.  Seems
to be having trouble with DNS lookups.  Have not tested if it can
reach servers by IP yet.  The only config differance I know of between
the two laptops, is my laptop is running the pre release kernel
version (nothing else was pulled from the pre release update server)

Any ideas?  I'm kind of stumped right now, because when I've
troubleshooted network problems on Ubuntu before...  It never gets
DHCP.