fresh install

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:11:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Koh Choon Lin <kchoonlin at yahoo.gr> wrote:

> >> Power the box off using the power switch and restarting it does restart
> ok.
> >> Just not sure why it seems to hang at that point.
> >> After the initial apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, I rebooted and
> > got the
> >> same behavior.
>
> > Can you elaborate for us what exactly the problem is because your
> > statements are pretty ambiguous and if you can provide more then those
> > three lines from the log.  For example what happens before that.
>
> I too get those messages. I guess he is asking why his laptop would not
> reboot automatically and requires a manual restart.

Correct. Once the _restarting system_ message is shown, the system stops (as
though halted), but no reboot. The command I'm issuing is 'shutdown -r now'
All the processes are stopped, and then - no reboot. I've restarted the
system by powering off and back on three times, and it behaves exactly the
same way each time...
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: