Printer Drivers missing on Lucid

Rafiq Hajat ipi.malawi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 23:18:07 UTC 2011

Hello,
I've been grappling with a strange problem ever since I upgraded to
Lucid. Whenever I plug in a printer HP inkjet 3900(USB) which worked
fine with the previous version, I get a message saying that the system
is searching for drivers but this just stays on the screen even when
left overnight with internet access on. But my multifunction Samsung
2160 installed without any hassle because I downloaded a linux driver
for it.
How can I get around this? Your assistance would be deeply appreciated.
--
Rafiq Hajat <ipi.malawi at gmail.com>
IPI