Problem in making a script

amritpal pathak amritpalpathak1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:15:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:57 AM, amritpal pathak
<amritpalpathak1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> hello everyone
>                                         Well i dont whether i am going to
> ask a right question or not.I am making a script for my project.In between
> there is need for  settings of configuration files as per each user's needs.
> For example:
>  users will edit the file to mention he/her own mobile number ,own moblie
> model ,own database etc etc.
> How can i do it in the script?
> I mean each user will do it itself or there is any way to do it
> automatically ?
>
> well i found  i can accept user's input by using read command in scripting
> .but still i have another problem.

                 I   have to edit the config file i.e I want that input
given by the users will be replace by config file's entries at particuler
line.
please tell me how to replace user's input with config file's particuler
line's stuff?

i am using gedit text editor.

Again thanks

amritpalpathakgne.wordpress.com