Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Jun 28 18:43:50 UTC 2011

On 6/28/2011 1:38 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> I agree with your analysis.  I don't recall seeing the differences
> between Unity vs Gnome3 vs Gnome2 presented as a menu driven interface
> as opposed to a search driven one, but it sums it up nicely.
>
> So I guess it's not so much that I dislike Unity, as I prefer a menu
> driven interface.

Most of us sysadmins who generally work in a terminal instead of a
browser, or GUI application would much more prefer a menu driven
interface. Menu's are simpler, we can logically group things to how we
see fit, there aren't big stabbing icons that try to look pretty but
actually look quite ugly. I can go on but that's well enough.

There are times when I move my mouse to an area of the terminal and that
dang menu bar pops up like "oh hai, I'm still here looking ugly you know?"