Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Jun 28 16:04:20 UTC 2011

On Monday, June 27, 2011 2:24:11 pm Jesse Palser wrote:
> Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?
>
> Hi,
>
> Been using Ubuntu for years, but it is time for a change.
> Many believe like me that Ubuntu design is deteriorating rapidly.
>
> I'm looking for the best Linux Operating System to replace Ubuntu.
> Anyone have any suggestions?

If you are looking for Gnome distros, your problem is really not solvable in
the near future as ALL linux Gnome distros are moving to the current Gnome
model much like KDE did a couple years ago.  Finding a distro using an
obsolete Gnome will become increasingly difficult.  If you just want something
usable until Gnome 3 becomes usable, just add KDE to your system and use that.
There really is not a better distro than Ubuntu for an average user but a
close second may be fedora although that also will be going to Gnome 3.  None
will stay with Gnome 2.  As an example, how many Gnome 1 distros are still
being distributed?  Progress happens,  ...even if it is painful!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403