Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 22:55:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:24:11 -0400
Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO at AOL.com> wrote:

> Best Alternative Operating System To Ubuntu?
>
> Hi,
>
> Been using Ubuntu for years, but it is time for a change.
> Many believe like me that Ubuntu design is deteriorating rapidly.
>
> I'm looking for the best Linux Operating System to replace Ubuntu.
> Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> JeZ+Lee

Is it the visual design (that is, the Unity desktop) with which you
have a problem?  I have that, myself, but think a change of DE to LXDE
to be the way to go instead of dumping Ubuntu completely.  After all,
GNOME is moving to GNOME 3 and the GNOME shell which isn't too
dissimilar to Unity so /any/ GNOME going forward will likely offend your
sensibilities.

 That said, if you have 11.04 you can still use the old tried and true
 desktop by choosing it during your login.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes