Natty 11.04 - nearly like 10.10!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:19:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 13:05 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 22 June 2011 20:27, Stephen Kuhn <yank.down.under at gmx.com> wrote:

> > (Didn't realise I sound *that* stupid)
>
> Well, er, what can I say...?
>
> You sound, if anything, like King Cnut.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut
>
> > Gnome3 will be installed and stripped/ripped of GnomeShell, Unity will
> > *NOT* be used or even considered for clients. At least it's possible to
> > tweak Gnome3 to act nearly like Gnome2. This gives me a long term
> > solution - until at least 2016.
>
> This gives you a strong aroma of neophobia & as such not someone I'd
> trust to run my systems, I \have to tell you.

Damn Stephen, there it is. You got told! I'd be weeping in my oatmeal.
And, you're King Cnut'ish as well. Damn... a public service announcement
from Liam over your personal preference for the old style gnome desktop.
Well, I wouldn't let you near my system either, I happen to prefer KDE3.
Oh hell, I'll have to go shoot myself now. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256