Problem with Natty under VirtualBox

Donkey Hottie donkey at fredriksson.dy.fi
Fri Jun 24 10:43:47 UTC 2011

23.6.2011 19:18, Donald Talbert kirjoitti:

> Yeah odd... just a shot in a dark. Try turning on 3D Acceleration and
> give a good bit of Video RAM. See if that helps? Also just to be sure
> you should give it at least 1GB of system RAM just for testing to rule
> out any issue with memory.
>
> On Google quite a few people have problems with Ubuntu 11.04 and Virtual
> Box... Some say to select classic mode at the login screen so unity
> doesn't try to run.

Turned on 3D. Nothing changed. 1 have 1G RAM with it already. The host
has 12G RAM, so that is not an issue.

There is no classic mode or login screen, there is not even a GRUB menu
or prompt or anything. Just black screen.

After several resets it boots fine in 15 seconds!

--

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in my right mind.  Then it passes off and I'm
as intelligent as ever.