Problem with Natty under VirtualBox

Donkey Hottie donkey at fredriksson.dy.fi
Thu Jun 23 10:11:52 UTC 2011

I have the latest VirtualBox on a 64bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

Under that I have 64 bit Debian Squeeze, and 32 bit Natty Narwhal. The
Debian runs fine, but the Ubuntu installation is hard to boot. I need to
"reset" it many times, it usually just puts out a black screen and
hangs. After many resets it finally boots very quickly and works then fine.

That problem was not with earlier versions of Ubuntu.

That might be a conflict with VirtualBox and current GRUB, or current
Ubuntu Kernel, I don't know.

Anyone rings any bells? Maybe some kernel parameter to GRUB config? This
is irritating.

--

Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of new
developments.