[OT] why isn't bikeshed good enough as a sounder replacement?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 21 11:31:02 UTC 2011

On 21/06/11 19:18, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Montag, den 20.06.2011, 15:48 -0400 schrieb Ric Moore:
>> On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 12:34 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>>
>>> first google hit for "ubuntu memebership"...
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership
>>> does that help ?
>> OH, I did that right off. It's during the application process where you
>> have to accept the community rules and return them electronically
>> signed. I don't find a how-to there on how to do that. :) Ric
> hmm ...
>
> "You must have signed the Code of Conduct (see the GnuPrivacyGuardHowto
> for more info on this), prior to applying for membership."
>
> Clicking on the GnuPrivacyGuardHowto gets you to a howto, look at the
> "Signing Data" section ;)
>
> Its a wikipage, if you can imagine a way to make it more obvious that
> the GPG howto contains the needed info, just edit away ;)
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Is all this somehow akin to joining some ultra-secret society where
trying to belong to it also involves running backwards in the nude 3
times around the local street block with a pair of bricks attached to
ones genitals, if one is a male, or to your chest 'embellishments', if
one is a female?

And, moi, being a male, if I were to run in the nude backwards around
the block 3 times with a couple of bricks attached to my genitals, what
benefits would I get from then gaining this "ubuntu membership"?

Just curious of course.....

BC

--

The Annual General Meeting of Psychics has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
                        The Organising Committee