unable to install softwares in ubuntu??

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 21 08:57:56 UTC 2011

On 21 June 2011 07:19, amritpal pathak <amritpalpathak1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> when i  installed software in ubuntu from terminal or by compiling,it is not
> installed.Lastly i gave the following command in terminal to install
>            sudo apt-get install wvdial
> It asked about the "y: or "n" properly and started to installed .but after
> installting all it says:
>
> E: Could not perform immediate configuration on 'libattr1'.Please see man 5
> apt.conf under APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)
> every software i try to install i failed

Is this the same machine that you had all the problems with dpkg a few
days ago?  If so I suspect you may somehow have irretrievably damaged
your system so that a re-install is the only way out.

If you do re-install then start keeping careful notes of everything
that you do so that when problems arise you know what it is that you
did to cause the problem.  This often makes it easier to recover from
such situations.

Colin