is nokia mode is a "pc suite " option?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Tue Jun 21 08:25:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, June 21, 2011 06:19, amritpal pathak wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor <
> ashickur.noor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Ya *Nokia Mode* is *PC suite* Mode.
>>
>      thank you very much sir.....:)
>      when i choose "data transfer" option ,memory card pop up on
> screen,but
> when i choose "nokia mode" ,nothing display.
>   why?
>   please tell me help what is the difference between chossinga data
> transfer
> and nokia mode??

My best guess:

* data transfer mode: the phone works like a sort of usb stick. This mode
allows you to directly access the memory card in the phone. This allows
you to transfer photos (if it is a cameraphone, I don't know the specific
model).
* nokia mode: you need software that uses the obex protocol to synchronize
with your Nokia. You can use this to synchronize mail, calendar,
contacts,... just as you would with pc suite.

It's been a couple of years since I used a Nokia, so I can't help you in
detail, but if you fire up Synaptic and search for "obex" or "nokia" then
you will surely find syncing software.