"Boot-up" screen resolution

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 20 08:00:22 UTC 2011

On 20/06/11 17:40, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> My laptop that now works nicely with the screen and DVDs still has a
> really annoying "feature" - it insists on coming up at 1920x1200
> screen resolution until I log in, whereupon it changes to my setting
> (1920x1080) and the screen noise goes away.
>
> Is there a way to set the "boot-up" resolution to the correct value?
>
> There isn't such a thing in the boot PROM, and I haven't seen any
> setting like that in the NVidia X configurator.

Oh gosh, there is such a "fix" which if I recall correctly NoOp provided
quite some time ago. But I would have to go thru my "little black book"
to find the answer.

However, why worry about the "boot-up" resolution when the final result
is the resolution you want and your monitor produces? A very minor, and
insignificant, irritation which lasts, for, what, a few seconds only?

Surely there must be more irritating things around than this to grab
your (and our) attention :-) ?

BC

--
The Annual General Meeting of Psychics has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
                        The Organising Committee