10.10/11.04 "checking battery state" error

Markos Kapes mkapes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:38:52 UTC 2011

So I'm getting a "checking battery state" error on startup for one account. I can log in to this account via the command prompt, but gdm won't start up. I can log in normally on the other user account, but when I try to switch user to the account in question, it kicks me back to the working account. I've checked permissions, and all seems fine, I think.... Clearly it's a permission/preferences issue, but i'm not sure what....

Any help would be appreciated....
Thanks,
--Markos