[OT] why isn't bikeshed good enough as a sounder replacement?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 18 19:33:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:45:40 -0700
Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

> You may not remember, but Mark the Magnificent has already said "this
> is not a democracy". You're also forgetting about the Golden Rule:
>
> He who has the gold makes the rules

Yep, that's exactly what it smells like to me, no matter the
high-sounding rhetoric. It does seem to further my point about the
CoC /not/ addressing those of us who are merely users.   I particularly
like the part about tranparency:

From the, "Be collaborative," section of
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
"Our work should be done transparently and we should involve as many
interested parties as early as possible."

in view of this:
cybe at WizardsTower:~$ dict transparent
[snip]
From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (30 January 2010)
[foldoc]:

  transparent

     1. <jargon> Not visible, hidden; said of a system which
     functions in a manner not evident to the user.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes