Natty: nvidia driver as activated but not currently in use

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 15:28:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:

> drew einhorn wrote:
> > Googling:  I see that lots of people have had this problem.
> > Some of them claim to have solved it.
> > But so far none of the solutions have worked for me.
> >
> > My beautiful 1920x1080 Dell S2209W monitor is only running at
> > 1024x768
>
> Which nvidia card do you have in your machine? Try the command
>
> sudo lshw -c display
>
> in a terminal to find out which one it is.

  *-display
       product: G73 [GeForce 7600 GS]
       vendor: nVidia Corporation
       physical id: 0
       bus info: pci at 0000:01:00.0
       version: a1
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list
rom
       configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
       resources: irq:18 memory:fa000000-faffffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff
memory:fb000000-fbffffff ioport:9c00(size=128) memory:fc000000-fc01ffff

> Nils

Drew Einhorn

"You can see a lot by just looking."
  --  Yogi Berra