BBC iplayer no longer functions in Firefox

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 18 08:18:42 UTC 2011

On 18 June 2011 09:12, Graham Watkins <shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> In the last few days, whenever I open the BBC iplayer  instead of getting a
> picture from the program with a start button to click, I get a black screen
> with no start button.  This started just before a recent update to the Adobe
> flash plugin.
>
> I have tried uninstalling the flash plugin and reinstalling it from the
> Adobe site.  This has changed nothing.
>
> Strangely, the iplayer functions well enough on Chromium.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 10.4, Firefox 3.6.17 and Adobe Flash Player version
> 10.3.181.26

It is working ok for me with exactly those versions.  Have you tried
when logged in as a different user to see if it is something in your
settings or profile that has got messed up?

Also try disabling all the firefox extensions (Tools > Addons >
Extensions) in case one of them is causing the problem.

Colin