New User Seeking advice

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:50:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 18:10 +0100, Mel Corley wrote:
> Recently, and i mean recently started using the Linux Ubuntu
> language/code, and would really be grateful for "any" input to how to
> learn code, and more about the features, ad capabilities of the
> programme - basically, as mentioned earlier, i am a complete newbie,
> but really keen to learn more about the linux world; especially info
> about how i can make it my primary OS for the mac laptop
>

> As to ICT do have RSACLAIT level 2, basic html, and currently doing
> ECDL

If you already know .net then you might be interested in mono. Of
course, there's java... just remove that ice-tea version you have
installed and install sun-java-sdk, using synaptic to remove/install
packages with. Plus, you have python, ruby on rails, qt, sdk, mysql, all
sorts of tools to work with. Again, fire up synaptic and look under
developer tools. You won't be bored, I can assure you. There's more to
be had than you'll use in your lifetime. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256