[OT] why isn't bikeshed good enough as a sounder replacement?

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 16 18:08:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:34:04 -0500
Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> wrote:

> On 6/16/2011 10:24 AM, W. Scott Lockwood III wrote:
> > The Bikeshead list works just as well as the sounder list did. In
> > fact, it works better, because people whose email address ends in
> > @canonical.com or @ubuntu.com can't shut it down despite the outcry
> > from the community not to.
>
> This is a pure lie and it's spreading FUD to say the least.  You guys
> complain about how Canonical unfairly shut Sounder down, however, I
> don't recall you being at any of the meetings to defend sounder while
> it was going through the rounds to get shut down.  Including the last
> round when Amedee (sp?) and NoOp were there to try and get it back.
> I was at all the meetings observing and nobody ever really showed up,
> so how can you blame Canonical when you didn't care enough to even
> show up and state your case?
>
> What is Ubuntu and Canonical to assume when nobody shows up to defend
> something that they supposedly care about so much? I'm sure they
> should assume you guys could care less if it's shut down because you
> couldn't take 10 - 20 minutes out of your busy life of complaining to
> go to a meeting.
>
> Start going to meetings and start speaking up, or shut it with the
> lies.

I vote locally.  To move an election to another city/state/country
would be seen as underhanded by the voting populace.  It was much the
same with Sounder.  The management could just as easily have had the
voting /on the list/ where /all the list members already are/ and give,
oh, say a month for votes to come in as not everyone reads the list
every day.  I just saw a response to the Sounder troll that came in a
week late.  I'm also sure that voting wasn't on the agenda except for
those whose votes had already been directed.  Remember,
community/Community.  The outcome was a foregone conclusion long since.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes